the veggie beef soup that even my kids will eat

2:58 PM Posted by Roo

I have picky kids. Wait. I take that back. I have a super picky 6 year old that only likes potatoes and cheeseburgers. Oh and pizza. What can I say, the kid loves his carbs just like his momma. Because of this I always worry when I make something new. Because when I cook (now anyway) I make sure (most days) it's healthy, good-for-you, keep you full all evening food.

When it's cold I love, love, love soup! I found a recipe for vegetable beef soup on the back of the McCormick Slow Cookers Vegetable Beef Soup Seasoning and bulked it up a little bit (extra veggies). I then plugged everything in to my Weight Watchers Recipe Builder and it works out to 3 points per cup and makes approximately 10 cups. I served it to my children and they ate it and liked it which means it must not taste icky. Okay...I tasted it too - it's good.

Here's the recipe:

Vegetable Beef Soup


POINTS Plus: 3
Serving Size: 1 cup
Servings: 10

McCormick Slower Cooker Seasoning Mix for Vegetable Beef Soup, 1.2 ounce pack
1 pound stew beef, well-trimmed, cut into 3/4" cubes
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups carrots, sliced
2 large potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
2 cups frozen cut green beans
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups water


Place beef and vegetables in slow cooker. Mix Seasoning and water until blended. Pour over beef and vegetables. Cover. COOK 8 hours on LOW. Stir before serving.

It's that flippin' easy, yo.

And look - a picture of my bowl (please ignore the messy desk surrounding it - focus on the soup!)!

100_6362

Don't let the picture fool you. I use a great big soup mug. One cup is a nice filling amount.

If you try it lemme know what you think!

Enjoy!

1 comments:

  1. jaime said...

    I love this recipe! We've made it twice (have you tried their slow cooker chili recipe? SUPER easy!)

Post a Comment