thursday 3 - if I would have known...

3:00 AM Posted by Roo

Ever wish you could go back in time and tell your younger self something? I've thought about it and when Lissa posted it over at the Sisterhood I figured I'd jump in and post mine.
  • I would tell the 19 year old girl who thought she knew it all that deciding to date a jerk and then eventually marrying him wasn't a wise decision. I would remind her that letting a man hit her is never, under any circumstances acceptable. While she did wise up and get out I wish she would have left sooner - or better yet, listened to her parents and not even dated him to begin with.
  • I would tell the first time mother in her late 20's that nothing in this world compares to holding that little baby in her arms and to stop and slow down because before you know it he's finishing Kindergarten and turning 6.
  • I would tell my younger self that she IS worth it, that she always was and to never let anyone else tell her differently.
Of course there are other things I'd tell her like, "Your bangs really don't need to be teased that high!" (Yes, totally stole that one from Lissa but it was me too!), that waiting to work until she graduated high school would've been way more fun than working part-time senior year, and to have spent more time with her little sister. Cause even though I still spend time with her and enjoy it, it's not the same care-free time we had as kids. And I miss it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment