losing momentum

4:10 PM Posted by Roo

I was given the go-ahead by the chiropractor and Coach Joe to resume my 1/2 marathon training. I squealed, I jumped around, I was so happy that I could get back on track. Problem? I haven't been able to do it. It's like mentally I can't get my butt on the treadmill or out the door. I don't know how to fix this. Coach Joe wants me alternating 3 miles with Pilates - so 3 miles Monday, Pilates Tuesday, 3 miles Wednesday, etc. to get myself back in the game. This is totally reasonable and doable. Why am I dragging my feet? Why am I acting like, "Meh. Whatever..." when I know what I need to do and want to do. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I know - Just Do It. Any volunteers out there to get all Jillian Michaels on my butt and make me check in with you and harass me until I do? Please? I'm not sure how else I can get it done. (Can't use the husband. He's a big softy. *wink*)

3 comments:

  1. Mel said...

    So why are you wasting time posting this when you should be out kicking some pavement butt?? Go to it girl!!! I know you can do it and think about how empowering it will feel to finish that half marathon. WOW!

  2. Mommy Mo said...

    Get your ass out the door and hitting the pavement. Think of how wonderful it will be to cross that finish line, with all of us right beside you. NOW GO OR ELSE.

  3. Kirsten said...

    Uhm, yeah, what they said! Because if you don't you won't want to show up in San Diego, and your hooker ass better be there!

Post a Comment