anxiety

9:22 AM Posted by Roo

Anxiety attacks have taken control for the last several days. The nightmares I'm having are vivid and well, for lack of a better word, horrible. I can't even begin to put into words the sadness, fear and disgust I feel when waking up from these dreams.

People are hurting my children. I can't stop them. I wake up sobbing. And I feel hopeless. I check on them while they're sleeping several times a night. If I could hold them both close to me all night I would. But I can't. I don't want to scare them.

I don't know how to stop the nightmares. And then I wonder, are these fears valid? Am I dreaming these dreams so that I am extra cautious with everyone they come in contact with (including family members)? Nothing has happened that I'm aware of. I'm just experiencing more fear for their safety than I normally do.

Premonition or paranoia? I just don't know.

5 comments:

  1. Brooke said...

    i'm sorry...are you on medication right now that could be effecting your dreams? i just ask b/c my doctor put me on singulair (an asthma medication) and it gave me the worst nightmares...try to think about what's going on in your life different that could be causing it.

  2. Bari said...

    ((hugs)) I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. If these dreams (which I think may be a manifestation of anxiety) continue any longer, I'd discuss it with your doctor. You may need an antianxiety medication or something that will help you sleep.

  3. Kirsten said...

    More ((hugs)) from me.

  4. AllyBu said...

    So sorry you are having these nightmares. Do you have any sinus problems? I seem to have crazy dreams when I have sinus infections. Mine haven't been as frightening as yours; just weird. Hope they go away for you!!

  5. Misty said...

    Even more ((hugs)) from me!!! Thats horrible! Can you tell who the people are in your dreams and is there any reason for you to feel like those people would be dangerous? Could it be from your meds for sinus infection? Or any other new meds? Hope they go away soon, that's scary....but I really don't think you have anything to worry about :) Don't eat before you go to bed... that can make you have crazy dreams too!

Post a Comment