recipe: lemon-glazed chicken

5:32 PM Posted by Roo

I'm always on the lookout for healthy yet delicious recipes. I don't remember when it was but Cool Running tweeted the link to a recipe for Fiery Lemon-Glazed Chicken. At the time I just sent the link to my email and forgot about it. I realized last night (when cleaning out my inbox) that I actually had everything on hand to make this so I made it for dinner tonight. I did modify it for what I had in my pantry so here's my version.

Lemon-Glazed Chicken
Serves: 4

1/2 cup brown rice bread crumbs
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup honey (the honey in my cupboard had hardened so I ended up using Lemon Creme Honey for Tea by Republic of Tea)
3-4 shakes Tabasco sauce
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil


In a shallow dish combine the bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper and blend together. Dredge both sides of the chicken in the crumb mixture.

In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, honey and Tabasco. Set aside.

In a large non-stick pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, cover and saute until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.

Add the lemon and honey glaze to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the glaze becomes syrupy. Return cooked chicken to pan, flipping the chicken once to coat with the glaze.

Remove from pan and serve.

If you try it let me know. We loved it and will definitely be having it again. The glaze is amazing and it took less than 30 minutes.

1 comments:

  1. Mary said...

    Boy, this sounds really good! I think I'll try it but will have to modify it a bit for your father-in-law. Maybe this will be supper Sat. or Sun. Love, Mom(in-law)

Post a Comment